Regardless of the governing regulatory agency, all require supervisory training in dealing with workplace substance abuse and education for employees on the effects of substance abuse/misuse.
Employers seeking a drug-free workplace should
do the same to establish program credibility and
minimize legal risks. Our comprehensive and innovative training & educational approach results in a clear understanding of regulatory
workplace testing, the role of supervisors and provides quality education for both supervisors and employees.
Supervisory training includes:
- A Supervisor's Guide to Substance Abuse/Misuse in the Workplace
- Overview of DOT & Drug-free workplace drug and alcohol testing
laws, rules & regulations
- Workplace substance Abuse/Misuse (identifying, documenting & confronting)
- Reasonable suspicion determination (with easy to use "Observations" form)
- Supervisory "Quick Reference" guide
- Guide to Dangerous Drugs
- Certificate of Training
Employee education includes:
- Written materials required by DOT
& for a
- Overview of the effects of substance abuse on Employees and Employers
- History of drug testing & the applicable federal and state laws
- Specific effect of illegal drugs on the body & workplace safety
Both training & education programs can be done on-site. Supervisory training can also be provided through seminars conducted for various Occupational Health Care Providers.